Having operated in nuclear power stations since 1983, we’ve built up a renowned reputation for on-site safety. Trusted by power stations to undertake critical accident prevention work, our non-destructive testing (NDT) services are delivered with safety always at the front of our minds.
Managing safety on-site
Safety is clearly a critical area of attention for any business that works with x-ray generating equipment and radioactive isotopes, but within the nuclear power industry that focuses on safety should be across every inch of the planning and implementation of NDT work. We are justifiably proud of our 35-year history and exemplary safety record with zero RIDDOR’s over that period.
Our impressive safety record has been achieved by having a thorough understanding of the specific requirements of the industry sectors within which we operate, competent management and staff working to safe systems of work and robust documentation systems that are designed to ensure our continuing compliance with UK legislation and industry/site regulations.
How we manage safety
- Nuclear safety requirements embedded in business management systems
- Robust data management system to control the hourly/daily radiographic transactions
- Equally robust recruitment, selection and coaching processes for production personnel and supervision with a strong focus on ‘safety first’ mentality
- 100% traceability of requested work and radiographic productivity
- Fully transparent digital reporting
- Innovative inspection techniques
Fully auditable processes
Our data management system records each weld – including which engineer performed the weld and when together with relevant drawings and component configurations. This data provides a live tracking system that is fully auditable for third-party inspectors as well as providing a chronological history for each weld.
This vital data provides the platform to generate a range of Management Information Reports to evaluate KPI performance, productivity and radiological data.