|Job Title:||Vessels Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
NRL are looking for a Vessels Engineer (Mechanical) with extensive onshore oil and gas experience for work with an Industrial gases company in Surrey! It will be a long term contract, starting ASAP providing technical expertise on pressure systems.
About the role:
- Provide front line technical expertise on piping, vessel and heat exchanger systems in support of continued operation of the plant. The key drivers being safety, reliability and plant availability.
- Resolve any issues associated with pressure systems equipment in operating facilities. This is likely to include designing and supervising repairs.
- Develop repair procedures and inspection/test plans for fabrication and installation of pressure systems.
- Develop Pressure System Mechanical Integrity program to ensure safe, reliable, regulatory and efficient operation. The inspection requirements shall satisfy specific European country's regulation and procedures.
- Explore and where appropriate, implement new technology solutions to enhance the cost-effective way in which the mechanical integrity of the plant is maintained.
- Provide pressure systems technical review for any equipment or plant modification in accordance with the Management of Change procedure.
- Provide technical resource and implementation for Credo (Mechanical Integrity Management Tool).
What you will need:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Confirmed experience working with a multinational company (specific experience on Pressure Systems with Petrochemical / Air Separation/ Power industries would be beneficial).
- Experience in design and an in depth understanding of the engineering principles on which the various codes of construction are based. Practical experience in fabrication is also required, particularly when formulating or assessing repair procedures.Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English across all levels. Another spoken language would be beneficial.
- A working knowledge of design, materials strength, corrosion, fatigue, creep, welding, fabrication, standard non-destructive test methods. Advanced methods would be an advantage.
- The ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in a pressurised situation.
What’s in it for you?
- Long term contract
- Competitive hourly rates
- Free on-site parking
- Start date ASAP