|Temp or Perm:
An industry leading defence contractor are seeking to recruit a Vehicle Technician / Driver for work in Stockbridge on a contract basis with the potential to go permanent.
To provide driving and maintenance support for the MoD “green fleet” vehicles - including Land Rovers, MAN SV, Aircraft Refueller/Oshcosh and Aircraft towing tractors.
80% of this role is based on maintenance so our client will be accepting applications from level 3 qualified Mechanics with an interest or history of driving and are willing to provide training on the required licenses for the right candidate.
About the role:
What you will need:
- General vehicle maintenance and servicing duties, with the ability to problem solve and fault find to ensure minimum downtime in accordance with the Customer’s and the Company’s standards, practices and procedures.
- Undertake driving tasks, appropriate to licences held.
- Work as member of the MoD team and support other trades when necessary.
- Complete all documentation accurately and legibly; input data to customer computer based maintenance system.
- To ensure a quality service delivery by understanding both the customer needs and contractual requirements thus maintaining good customer relations.
- To be productive and efficient, whilst maintaining good quality standards.
- To undertake tasks/duties and development training within the remit of their competency levels as authorised and directed by line management.
What’s in it for you:
- NVQ Level 3 or Apprentice trained (in the relevant trade discipline)
- Hold full clean driving license ideally with categories BE, CE with ADR and D
- Start ASAP – initial 6 month contract
- Potential to go permanent
- Competitive hourly rate