|Job Title:||VAT Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Finance and Financial Services|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s established and renowned client is looking to recruit a VAT Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Together with Partners, manage the interface between a group of clients and the firm to ensure that the agreed expectations of the clients in terms of service, quality and cost and also the firm’s targets are met.
- To proactively deliver VAT advice to clients, including the review and preparation of VAT returns, review of VAT processes and controls, the provision of advice on the VAT implications associated with new delivery models, complex procurement arrangements, and high value investment programs such as repair, refurbishment and construction of new facilities, ensuring the provision of an effective and cost driven service to clients in line with budgets.
- To ensure that clients’ VAT affairs comply with statutory time limits, and to manage compliance work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the firm’s tax manual.
- To identify and advise on VAT planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To respond to clients’ correspondence as a matter of priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
- To undertake work delegated by the Partner or Director.
- To act as the principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
- To closely monitor work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recover-ability of work done and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To achieve targets set by management on compliance matters with particular reference to the submission of VAT returns.
- To develop an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and an awareness of the firm’s services, brochures and publications.
- To identify, interview and convert prospective clients and to assist other departments in the research and preparation of formal proposals for new work.
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars and to effectively follow up contacts made.
- To assist in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
What you will need?
- Previous experience of working at Manager level within VAT.
- Previous experience of winning work and ability to unlock fees from the existing client base
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary & benefits
- Central and modern office environment