||Turbine & Aux Engineer
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are seeking to recruit a Turbine & Aux Engineer for work based in Ashington on a permanent basis.
About the role:
Working at Lynemouth Power Station, a 420MWe coal fired station which is currently under conversion into a Bio-mass power station. The Turbine & Aux Engineer is part of the maintenance team, the role is responsible for looking to continuously improve the maintenance strategy of the Turbine & Aux plant, improving the efficiency of planned and unplanned overhauls and utilising IFS and other key maintenance management tools to analyse breakdowns and increase plant flexibility, efficiency, availability and reliability to improve or Optimise generation.
You will be accountable for:
What you will need:
- Assisting in the management of unit unplanned overhauls and outages within Turbine & Aux Plant.
- Optimise maintenance planning and resource scheduling activities within Turbine & Aux Plant.
- Analysing breakdowns to increase plant flexibility, efficiency, availability, and reliability using available
- maintenance tools within Turbine & Aux Plant.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a quality assurance system and introduce maintenance
- department key performance indicators within Turbine & Aux Plant.
- Assist in optimising contractor usage and reduce contractor costs within Turbine & Aux Plant.
- Assist in improving the technical library and plant information within Turbine & Aux Plant.
- Assist in compliance with and monitoring of process safety requirements.
- HNC or Degree Qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Management qualification would be an advantage
- Preferably IOSH management qualifications although not necessary
- Good knowledge and experience of Power Station operations
- Experience in turbine and auxiliary plant maintenance although not essential
- Experience in rotating plant and equipment essential
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Power Plant Operation and Maintenance