|Job Title:||Trasnport Scheduler|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Logistics & Distribution|
Our client are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join their newly created transport planning team as a Scheduler. Based at their Worcester site, you will be working with Drivers and Customer Services teams, to plan gas deliveries to their business customers across the UK and Ireland.
They are looking for someone with analytical thinking, an excellent communicator with influencing skills, team player thriving in a fast-paced environment. You will enjoy solving problems, have good attention to detail and have exceptional organisational skills. Previous scheduling experience is essential.
About the role:
- Using Quest & LBShell forecasting systems to obtain relevant information regarding delivery requirements.
- Effectively schedule deliveries to fulfil customer requirements based on orders received.
- Build relationships with customer engagement team in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Prioritize redline and safety sensitive customers.
- Proactively follow escalation guidelines.
- Optimize trips to maximize key performance indicators to take into account:
- Weekly plan allocations
- Optimize full loads where applicable
- Group customers to improve efficiency
- Optimize larger vehicles
- Improve efficiency by using measurement tools available.
- React to changes in resource/customer demand and reschedule accordingly.
- Follow agreed work process with regards to trip building/Moby.
- Complete a shift handover for dispatchers.
- Liaising with Drivers, the clients Country Distribution Managers and other internal departments.
What you will need:
- Previous experience with scheduling/planning is essential.
- Must be able to work independently and collectively as a team.
- Proven ability to identify customer needs and proactively respond.
- Have good geographical knowledge.
- Advantageous to have experience with transport regulations.
- Effectively review own performance to ensure compliance to job requirements.
- Ability to learn technical and functional systems to perform effectively within the company- SAP and LB Shell.
- Must have excellent PC skills.
- A knowledge of SAP and a logistical background would be an advantage.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starting individual.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements and make recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for a work leading industrial gases company
- Immediate Start
- Long-term contract