|Job Title:||Town Planning Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Town Planning Manager on behalf of one of their consultancy clients. This role would involve working client-side supporting one of the largest UK rail projects on a contract basis out of their Birmingham office.
About the role:
- Engage with local planning authorities on planning matters associated with consents, including pre-submission discussions, and related processes within geographic area of responsibility.
- Lead the planning consents management process, ensure work priorities are co-ordinated, advise on the planning regime, and engage with internal and external stakeholders including construction teams, commercial teams and contractors.
- Provide leadership within the Infrastructure Directorate Town Planning Team in complex areas such as integration with commercial development, contract requirements, standards and minerals and waste planning.
- Work with local planning authorities and advise internal sponsor and commercial teams on the preparation and implementation of planning frameworks.
- Liaise with local planning authorities and contractors/developers on matters relating to potential and current planning applications along the safeguarded line of route within geographic area of responsibility.
- Support Commercial Directorate in over site or adjacent site development proposals.
- Represent the Town Planning team at Planning Forums and its associated subgroups.
- Support the Town Planning Lead with emerging business needs
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
What you will need:
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships within a multi-disciplinary team, and with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills including face to face, telephone, and written with internal and external stakeholders.
- UK planning processes including Hybrid Bills
- Town planning degree or equivalent, and full membership of the RTPI, or an equivalent organisation
- Managing and leading the delivery of consents and / or projects in a timely and efficient manner to the highest standard.
- Experience of managing town planning activities on large development schemes and/or major infrastructure project delivery.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Ability to develop and manage successful relationships with multidisciplinary teams, including contractors, and external stakeholders
- Report drafting to timing, cost, quality and requirements
- Demonstrable track record working within town planning in the public and/or private sector, with expertise on large scale development schemes, or a major infrastructure project.
- Demonstrable track record of applying an adaptable, flexible approach to working within a team environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Experience working on a large rail project
- Competitive rates