|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for a Town Planning Engineer for work with one of our consultancy clients working client-side on HS2. This position is on a contract basis until March 2020 initially and it will be based from Birmingham.
About the role:
As a Town Planning Engineer you will support the Infrastructure Directorate Town Planning Team in providing administrative and technical town planning support to the HS2 project.
What you will need:
- Assist the Safeguarding Planning Manager with processing and preparing responses to local authority consultations on planning applications within the safeguarded line of route.
- Provide administrative and technical support including maintaining and developing databases, drafting presentations, drafting correspondence to external parties on planning/environment related matters
- Represent Town Planning team at management systems meetings, including reviewing / updating internal procedures.
- Supporting the Town Planning Lead and Safeguarding Planning Manager in management of team finance and procurement activities.
- General support for the Town Planning team members.
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships within a multi-disciplinary team, and with external stakeholders
- Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences to agreed deadlines.
- Experience of working on town planning related projects
- Understanding of town planning activities associated with the delivery of large-scale projects.
- Knowledge of Office based software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or equivalent.
- Experience of providing technical and administrative support gained within a fast-paced team environment
- Experience of technically reviewing assessments and other topic materials.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Gain experience working on a huge infrastructure project
- Potential for long-term work