|Job Title:||Test Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Our client is looking for Test Engineer to support high-profile Marine Defence projects in the Plymouth area.
About the role:
To be part of a team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), carrying out Inspections and Commissioning on HM Warships. Including liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis. Completion of Test Documentation and Certification is another key role within this job.
To ensure the safe operation of all plant during the conduct of setting to work and commissioning and to comply with the requirements of Company procedures.
The inspection, testing, calibration and commissioning of systems and equipment in accordance with authorised documentation. This may include carrying out fault finding, proposing corrective solutions and identifying/signing off defects.
Researching and compiling test documentation in accordance with the test index and ensuring that the requirements of the work specification are understood.
Qualifications/ Desired Experience:
- Time served Apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- ONC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, a lower level of qualification may be acceptable. provided the post holder has substantial and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Royal Naval platforms.
- Knowledge of Electrical / Mechanical Marine Systems.
- Experience of commissioning process.
- Knowledge of Power and Distribution equipment/systems.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Auxiliary Systems.
- Flexibility and good team player essential.
- Knowledge Diesel; Generators advantageous.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive hourly rates.
- Long-term project work.
- Opportunity to work with one of the UK’s leading Engineering Service providers.