|Job Title:||Temporary Works and Facility Support Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
An industry leading defence contractor are seeking to recruit a Temporary Works Co-ordinator and a Facility Support Engineer for work in Plymouth on a contract basis.
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
About the roles:
Maximise equipment reliability and availability through proposing improvements for line management consideration. And the planning and control of plant installation, maintenance, modification, documentation and data to enable effective planning of maintenance activity within resource and time constraints.
The Facility Support Engineer role monitors plant performance, analyses performance data, generates and circulates management information, including making proposals for performance, reliability and availability improvement. Ensure documentation is available to enable effective operation, maintenance, and modification of existing or new plant.
The Temporary Works Co-ordinator role provides all plans and schedules for plant maintenance work, including updating computer maintenance systems, analysis of maintenance and plant data to produce accurate plans and maintenance schedules. The role has a strong requirement and emphasis on communication and engagement with plant operators, technicians, team leaders and operational management.
- Gather, collate and analyse data in the maintenance management system, identify opportunities and make proposals for continuous improvement in maintenance service delivery, reliability and availability.
- Ensure all plant documentation is available to plant management including plant specifications, certificates, process documentation to ensure plant and equipment can be used and functions in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of plant, equipment and machinery to improve productivity, reliability and availability
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for supply of new or modification and extension of existing plant and equipment to improve functionality or performance
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications
- Estimate cost of products, services and facility of plant and equipment, and evaluate and implement cost-savings and cost-saving methods for plant and equipment.
- Reviews existing production schedules and prioritise projects based on resources, current methods and company requirements
Temporary Works Co-orindator:
- Oversee, plan and monitor the work of contractors engaged in the maintenance of plant and equipment, ensure all work is completed to specification and quality requirements consistent with all business or site safety and safe working requirements
- Analyse data in the maintenance management system, identify opportunities and learn how to improve maintenance service delivery and increase reliability and availability.
- Interpret and analyse plant performance data, draw conclusions and make recommendations to inform line management of performance and any remedial actions to address poor performance and to influence future direction and actions
- Capture, record and publish master data assumptions so that these as universally understood and adopted in all business planning activities
- Input & maintain work breakdown structure information and assess accurate forecast of time and resources required to complete all maintenance activity to sequence and time.
- Good knowledge and experience in the operation of plant
- Detailed understanding of the performance of plant
- Ability to obtain SC clearance