|Job Title:||Technician (Mechanical and/or Electrical)|
|Salary||£15 - £25 per hour|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for a number of Mechanical and Electrical Technicians to work in Aldermaston, supporting construction of a new facility. Ideally, you will be security cleared to SC level or have the ability to gain clearance. Unfortunately, due to the sensitive nature of the project, candidates must be British-born.
The Technicians will:
- Report to the Site Supervisor or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Install and maintain plant equipment either electronic or mechanical.
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the regulations.
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the CSG Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.