|Job Title:||Technical Support Assistant|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Assistant for work over in Barrow. Our client is a large Oil &Gas operator looking for someone on a contract basis for around 12 months.
About the role:
To provide a high quality and responsive technical support service within the Barrow Terminals
To provide general holiday cover for administrative support within the Barrow Terminals
- Key Reports - Simplify key reports associated with Barrow Terminal. Develop templates for ease of updating. Maintain & distribute key reports.
- Key Performance Indicators – Establish suite of KPIs required for reporting and develop dashboard for reporting purposes.
- Integrate with asset planners to insure integrated plan covers competency training, audits, external party terminal visits, emergency response exercises.
- Arrange meetings/events/VIP visits, including agendas/lunches/transport
- Maintain a log of annual, monthly, weekly renewals (e.g. annual TV licenses)
- Maintain a distribution list of all local residents (annual alarm testing)
- SAP – Ability to raise purchase requisitions/service requests and run cost data reports to allow review.
- Management of Office Plans, org charts and personnel moves at the Terminal
- Usage of document control procedures ensuring compliance of Barrow Terminals Procedures & Processes.
- Development and maintenance of technical databases and spreadsheets
- Provide familiarisation training to employees on Barrow Terminal software applications and systems.
- Scheduling & maintenance of terminal operating meetings in diaries.
- Act as Workday (HR software) and SAP support focal point ensuring assistance to personnel throughout Barrow Terminals
- Support Managers with onboarding / offboarding of employees and contractors
- Maintain efficient electronic and hard copy filing systems for departments, centralising where possible, ensuring accurate input and efficient retrieval of documentation to ensure availability of information.
- Applicable emergency response duties (i.e. Office fire warden)
- Tactical/Operational Role
- The job holder must have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with a diverse team of co-workers, contractors within the Barrow Terminal
What you will need:
- A flexible approach to working as a team member
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills and an advanced knowledge/experience of a variety of Microsoft software applications and systems used within the Barrow Terminal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy & work to tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise work tasks effectively and manage schedules appropriately
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Willing to learn new systems and able to provide support for day to day IT issues and/or work with the IT helpdesk
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Able to build sustainable working relationships with contracted service providers
- Working use of SAP preferred
- Good GCSE standard of education (Preferred degree qualified)
- Demonstrable experience of office practices and processes that will provide the necessary understanding of the integration of such support activities within an operational environment
- Cost/Budget process knowledge preferred.
- Experience of using technical software/applications
- Technical/Administrative experience within an Operations environment
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary