|Job Title:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Nrl are currently recruiting for an Interim Supply Chain Manager on a 6 month contract.
Job Title: Interim Supply Chain Manager
About the role
This role will be integrated into the Fire line of business and will be directly responsible for shaping and managing the supply chain aligned with the London Fire Brigade (LFB) Fleet and Training contract areas. The initial focus of the role will take responsibility and accountability for supply Market Testing and delivery of Responsible Procurement activities, in line with contractual requirements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing project plans to deliver Market Testing and Responsible Procurement activities.
- Developing and implementing a process for Market Testing across a range of commodities and services, ensuring supplier selection processes cover all requirements set out by LFB and the GLA (Greater London Assembly).
- Establishing framework agreements with appropriate terms and conditions with selected suppliers
- Coordination and delivery of Responsible Procurement activity in line with contract requirements. This will include management of local individual’s assigned tasks as well of delivering all Supply chain identified tasks, ensuring they are delivered on time. The role shall also be responsible for the development and creation of a reporting dashboard which will be shared regularly with the client.
- Supporting day to day business requirements and resolving Supply Chain related issues, including development of functional slides for inclusion into the contract review pack.
- Development of relationship with key suppliers; monthly / quarterly reviews addressing performance, issues, innovations and future opportunities to unlock and deliver value.
- Working collaboratively with the wider Supply Chain team.
Describe with whom the role regularly interfaces:
- LFB Fleet and LFB Training
- Procurement & Sourcing Team
- Contract Managers and teams
- Local Business SMEs and Management
Key Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Experience working within a highly matrixed organisation
- Understanding of strategic sourcing process inclusive of: budget, market analysis, tendering, evaluation and contract award.
- Experience of value drivers and cost models inclusive of: cost negotiation, rebates and added value through soft savings.
- Knowledge of service provision supply chains and considerations.
- Knowledge of economies of scale in supply chain and the benefits of partnering with key suppliers.
- Understanding of Crown Commercial Deals
- Experience using ERP systems; specifically Navision. Tranman knowledge would be useful
- Awareness of service provision risks and requirements to consider as enhancement to supplier due diligence process.
Can quickly gain credibility and influence at all levels of the organisation. Has functional knowledge and can work independently
Have experience and be able to work effectively in a matrix organisation. Must to be able to operate on both a strategic and tactical level
Communicates with High Impact:
Conveys information in a clear, succinct and compelling manner that captures and holds attention and enhances the functions reputation and credibility.
Drives Innovation & Change:
Uses market knowledge, customer needs and business insight to drive creativity. Generates new approaches to deal with problems and opportunities and inspires others to do the same.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• HNC or HND level qualification in related business discipline. CIPS membership Desirable or 10 years management experience at mid to senior level within a supply chain/procurement environment
Experience in Automotive sector / Fleet management / Training sectors would be advantageous.