|Job Title:||Structural Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer to work on major projects in India on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Stewards topsides structural engineering to ensure that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications, for all topsides structural engineering are executed per customer’s needs and expectations
- Stewards structural engineering aspects of the Project with other discipline leads as necessary
- Stewards the interfaces among the PMT and the EPC contractor's organization with respect to structural to ensure quality design
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Basis of Design
- Provide structural engineering technical expertise
- Steward the EPC contractor's activities with respect to structural including:
- Detail structural engineering
- Review of development and design of the structural components
- Review of selection, specification, and inspection of structural materials
- Review of procurement of structural materials including preparation of specifications, bid evaluations, bid tabulations, bid recommendations, etc.
- Provide input on structural estimates for weight control report
- Review, evaluate, and advise:
- Structural dynamic modelling for construction, in-place, transport and installed conditions
- Compliance with design methods and safety factors to be used in design of project. Reviews completed design for correctness, compliance, and operability
- Reviews design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Manage project related internal and external communications with customers, suppliers and project personnel
- Keep stakeholders informed with regular reporting on structural progress
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety--safe working practices for the position and reports, etc.
What you will need:
Structural topsides engineering experience on FPSO/FPU execution teams
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in Engineering
- Significant experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on structural discipline on offshore and FPSO/FPU projects
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of offshore oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of structural engineering processes and tools
- Must be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and package
- Chance to work with an industry leading EPC