||Structural Engineer Inspector
|Temp or Perm:
Structural Engineering Inspector (SC Cleared)
The role will require a coordinated inspection programme for all Customers structures in the UK and overseas. You will carry-out all Structural Inspections to identify corrosion, defects or improvements as applicable and provide certification the structures are safe and structurally sound. You will be required to climb 30m masts as a minimum, as well as other towers / antennas.
This is a contract position, working up to 12 months.
About the role:
- The delivery of a structural inspection regime for all assets within the Customer enterprise both in the UK and overseas
- Liaise with Site managers to ensure appropriate access and downtime of assets is in place prior to commencing inspections
- Examine structures and advise how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure
- Examine structures and direct which components need remedial action to address corrosion
- Produce detailed reports for all assets in a timely manner
- Selecting appropriate construction materials for any modifications, alterations
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by employees and contractors to ensure structural soundness
- Working with others to identify and develop new technical methodologies
- A detailed understanding and compliance with relevant codes of conduct and standards
- To contribute to the recruitment, induction and development of team members, including the maintenance of their mandatory health, safety and security training
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation and design purposes
- Determines and specifies quality and safety standards to ensure equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications
- Travel to other company sites will be necessary
What you will need:
- Must possess or be able to obtain and retain DV clearance.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Appropriate experience as a Structural Engineer Inspector
- Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills including the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
- Working at height (WaH)