|Job Title:||Structural Analysis Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting on behalf of a large oil and gases company based in Woking on a permanent basis.
About the role:
As a Structural Analysis Engineer working within our dynamic civil/structural group, you’ll be providing key structural analysis insights across an exciting range of onshore and offshore projects across the oil, gas and energy sectors. Our team has a reputation for managing complexity to unlock challenging projects for our clients.
You’ll have a good civil/structural or mechanical engineering master’s degree and have an excellent understanding of the behaviour of engineering structures. Post-graduate experience of analysing offshore structures would be an advantage, as would experience with commonly used analysis tools (DNVGL Sesam, SACS, Staad, Abaqus).
If you have an appetite for technically challenging projects and thinking differently to drive solutions, get in touch today.
What you will need:
- You’ll have a wide skillset, with an ability to perform structural analysis of structures using hand calculations, structural analysis tools and general finite element analysis.
- You’ll have strong knowledge of commonly used design codes (e.g. Eurocode, DNVGL) enabling you to efficiently assess ultimate strength and fatigue in line with these.
- Technical accuracy is key – you’ll be responsible for writing and verifying technical reports, clearly and concisely.
- Good communication is essential, and you will have a good standard of written and spoken English.
- An eye for detail – we will require you to prepare analyses, specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly, efficiently and right first time.
- You will understand the importance of design compatibility and conformance and will work closely with clients to ensure outputs align with client and contractual specifications.
- Petrofac’s processes and procedures are key to efficient delivery and you will ensure all outputs are compliant with our inhouse ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures.
- Working within a small team, you will need to collaborate closely with our lead, principal and senior engineers.
- You are looking for the next step in your career and an opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience and are working towards Chartership.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary