||Available on Request
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for a security cleared Stores Operative. This is to work for one of our leading clients in Reading, on a contract basis. Rate is available on request and there is a minimum of 40 hours per week, 5 days per week.
About The Role:
What You Will Need:
- To ensure the co-ordination of equipment, tools and supplies are appropriately received and controlled and issued in accordance with any project of Facility requirements.
- Report to the stores manager or Stores Supervisor
- Ensure that stores are maintained in an orderly, clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Look to maintain the highest standards of H+S practice within your working day
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of inventory of the site stores are produced and submitted to the Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager (or nominee) in a timely manner.
- Ensure that deliveries of equipment to site are consistent with the programme for the works. This will be done in co-ordination with the Responsible Engineer/Supervisor.
- Liaise with Projects, Procurement and Supply Chain Team to ensure that deliveries to site are consistent with the programme for the works.
- Formally control all items of equipment leaving and being returned to stores. This is to include names, date, and signature of personnel removing/returning equipment.
- Record any problems encountered at the site stores and notify the Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager, or nominee, of details at the earliest opportunity.
- Produce and maintain the documentation required for safe management of the site stores.
- Ensure compliance by staff and any contractors with the requirements of the Site Health, Safety & Environmental Plan and associated documents and legislation.
- If nominated to do so, ensure that all plant and equipment including tractor units, forklift trucks, lifting accessories and equipment are correctly maintained and compliant with current statutory requirements.
- Look to continually improve the efficiency of the stores and make recommendations for improvements to line managers.
- These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. The stores persons shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents and any legislation to which they refer.
- Counterbalance and preferably Reach forklift truck licence required
- Computer Literate
- Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages
- CSCS card in place or willing to fund yourself. If you don’t hold an CSCS card then a CCSNG passport would be accepted as long as it is accompanied by an ACE card for the applied position
- Must be security cleared to SC level
- British Nationals only due to nature of the projects at AWE