|Job Title:||SPS Controls Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for a SPS Controls Engineer to work on major projects in Germany on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Provide SPS controls engineering knowledge for a large and complex deepwater FPSO project in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- To ensure that the SPS controls equipment is engineered so that they can be operated in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally acceptable and cost effective.
- To ensure the SPS controls equipment are engineered, designed, fabricated, installed, commissioned and fully operational in accordance with the project master schedule to meet the Company’s business objectives.
- Project subsea controls engineering activities during fabrication, testing, installation, and support offshore commissioning based in Contractor’s fabrication area.
- Review manufacturing in vendor’s shop and assist with resolution of technical issues and ensure that design is in accordance with requirements.
- Address subsea controls related queries and technical clarification questions from vendors.
- Provide subsea controls engineering inputs in technical reviews to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Deliver an integrated subsea control system for the project, working collaboratively with all interfacing teams and Contractors.
- Drive progress of the subsea controls scope throughout the project phases and ensure the equipment delivered meets the project requirements such as functional specifications, schedule, cost, production ramp-up, operability, reliability and availability.
- Review Contractor’s documentation during fabrication/construction activities, ensuring the quality of the work is in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Ensure the equipment is installed correctly via review of thorough installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly and effectively managed.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Company’s guidelines and policies.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and technical authorities to deliver quality and seamless service as needed.
- Ensure that system wide integration and integrity are managed.
- Manage interfaces with other EPC contracts, and the project Subsea Production System, Topsides, and FPSO Team including implementation of required technical assurance on own scope.
- Support engagement with Chief Engineers and Technical Authorities to ensure alignment with functional expectations.
- Support the identification of system wide risks and the delivery of risk actions plans for the project.
- Maintain awareness and promote conformance to client expectations and requirements of Safe Design and Quality Build.
- Provide exemplary leadership to the Execute Contractors to facilitate successful delivery of engineering in support of project delivery.
What you will need:
- Degree in Engineering
- Significant experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on complex subsea production system controls project execution
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of deepwater subsea controls system design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater FPSO project involving subsea infrastructure design and installation.
- Detailed understanding of Topsides and Subsea design codes (mandatory)
- Previous experience in the delivery of integrated control system will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in Contractor’s fabrication site.
- In possession of or able to obtain required health and safety certificates for offshore activities
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of offshore deepwater FPSO subsea production system controls manufacture and installation
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Strong leadership skills and be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and package
- Chance to work with an industry leading EPC