|Salary||Provided on Request|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
We’re looking for Slingers to join the team at Devonport Dockyard that is at the forefront of supporting the Royal Navy fleet. You’ll play an integral role in ensuring the serviceability of warships and systems through detailed maintenance and refit periods by working within multi–trade teams. You’ll move, support and reposition materials and equipment to facilitate structural alterations and repairs on board warships. Working safely in a maritime environment, you’ll inspect lifting equipment to ensure its fit for use, work with fixed and mobile cranes to move equipment on docksides and through shipping routes and access holes. You will also transfer equipment within vessels using chain blocks and fleeting techniques.
This is a contract requirement for one of our leading defence clients. They are seeking local labour, within 35miles of site. If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can provide you with some of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
What Will You Need:
You’ll be competent in the general use of lifting equipment and tools related to the role, such as the use of fixed gantry (overhead traveller) cranes, spreader bars, plate clamps and chain blocks. You’ll also hold current qualifications in one of the following:
- ECITB Level 3 NVQ in Moving Constructive/Engineering loads
- OPITO Level 3 Slinger/Signaller
- NPORS N402 - Slinger/Signaller
- CPCS A40 Blue Card
- Ability to read and interpret lifting instructions.
- Proven track record of completing work to time, cost and quality parameters.
- Ideally will have worked in the marine industry with experience of Royal Navy ships and submarines.
- Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships although other relevant experience will be considered.
Your safety and wellbeing is of paramount importance to us and health and safety is an integral part of our business. We operate in a high risk environment; therefore we are looking for people who share our understanding and respect for health and safety for ourselves and each other to ensure that everyone goes home safe every day.