|Job Title:||Site Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are working in partnership with a major construction contractor working on a new-build framework of school projects starting in September within the Greater London Area. As such, we are recruiting for a number of permanent roles including a number of Site Managers. The successful candidate will be expected to be fairly flexible for sites within the M25 region.
The successful candidate will primarily be involved in the successful delivery of projects. He/ She, along with the Senior Management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
About the role:
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Developing and monitoring strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Develop, nurture and manage supply chain relationships.
- Ensure the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme are adopted and managing community relations.
- Developing project strategy and ensuring effective communication and implementation to deliver the project on time. Challenging and interrogative reporting on progress and instigating corrective actions, as required.
- Reviewing performance against targets and identifying and managing potential risks and opportunities.
- Ensuring consistent implementation of standard procedures.
- Managing project handover and ensuring defect/ snag free completion.
- Ensuring robust strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtaining certification of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Sharing best practice and driving continuous improvements.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Senior Management.
What you will need:
- Educated to degree standard in Engineering or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge of construction and best practices.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card.
- Full Driving License.
- First Aid at Work
- Sound knowledge of engineering.
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Capable of working on own initiative and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills.
- Good IT and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Self-starter able to work within a team setting.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- An excellent professional demeanor.
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work for international construction contractor
- Healthy pipeline of projects