|Job Title:||Site Manager - Civil Works|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Grangemouth is looking to recruit a Site Manager on an ongoing contract basis.
About the role:
- The Site Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of site activities relating to construction where health and safety is a key driver.
- The Site Manager will be experienced in the management of civil works & underground pipeline installations. The Site Manager will develop a close working relation with the Clients site staff in order to minimise the impact of construction activities.
- The Site Manager must have the ability to drive a pro-active HSE culture throughout all aspects of the activity and have experience of both writing and reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Monitor and track costs from projects and report to Construction Manager.
- Order materials.
- Verification of vendor/sub-contractors invoices and claims.
- Monitor and report on sub-contractor site resources to assist in ensuring project delivery and meeting project costs.
- An awareness and appreciation of the cost implications in waiting time of site operatives and sub-contractors.
- Pro-active approach to minimise the cost of any potential non-productive works.
- Supervision and management of on-site subcontractors and/or direct labour.
- Implementation of and, ensuring compliance to project and site procedures.
- The role requires direct control of and responsibility for plant and equipment to complete works as necessary.
- It will also involve monitoring sub-contractors plant to ensure compliance with project and site methodologies.
- Responsibilities should cover Health & Safety, Financial, Customer, Innovation, People & Behaviours, Environmental and Operations/Work Knowledge
- Management of health safety and environmental standards in a petrochemical environment on a complex multi customer project.
- Supporting and implementing ISO 9000, ISO 14000, BS 18000 and IIP accreditation using and delivering the Business Performance System
- Monitor direct labour and sub-contractor activities on site
- Continually review project associated risks within the context of long term site service contract and manage to minimise
- Clear and precise instruction to direct site labour and sub-contractors with respect to project risks
- Develop and maintain operational relationships with the customer at all levels to ensure the success of ongoing projects
- Act as a conduit for direct labour and/or sub-contractors to raise issues with the client.
- To adopt a positive and innovative approach to site supervision of remediation and optimisation projects
- Directly manage and control on site sub contractor activity
- Good working relations are an essential factor within the company.
What you will need?
- Managerial experience
- Experience of work planning
- Mechanical or piping background is preferred
- Ability to monitor a number of projects simultaneously
- Experience of electrical and/or civil works (desirable)
- Experience of petrochemical and/or power site regulations (desirable)
- Experience of working on multi-faceted process engineering projects
- Specialist knowledge of risk assessed permit systems (desirable)
- Experience of direct customer contact at various levels – customer focussed role
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, Access, Project, Lotus Notes and Internet Explorer
- Previous experience of setting out is required.
- SMSTS or SSSTS qualified.
- Time served / recognised mechanical engineering or pipefitting apprenticeship
- HNC/HND or equivalent in engineering discipline (desirable)
- CCNSG Safety Passport or IOSH equivalent
- Relevant HSE training (Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Manual Handling etc)
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing contract work
- Attractive rate