|Job Title:||Shutdown & Modifications Project Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for an Oil & Gas operator based in Aberdeen. They are looking for a Project Engineer to be involved in Shutdown and Modification works. This is a contract role for a 12 month period.
About the role:
Succeeding in today’s energy world requires collaboration, agility and the audacity to do things differently. We seek to challenge what has been accepted, rethink the way our sector operates and create a new style of E&P operator.
It takes a diverse range of skills, experience and talent to deliver these aspirations and our people will be the force to get us there. If you are ready to take the next step in your career with a progressive and energetic team, then we are ready to hear from you.
To work within a close-knit team in an exciting but very busy environment. This opportunity is for someone who will relish the demanding and fulfilling role where focus and attention to detail is a daily requirement. The Shutdown Team have a planned goal each year to achieve and the opportunity to successfully reach and achieve that goal on an annual basis requires motivation for the correct candidate
This role entails the Project Engineering of Minor modification scope of work as well as larger Brownfield scope for both Shutdown and Non-Shutdown events. The Project Engineer shall be responsible for managing modification work from cradle to grave. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and chair KO Meetings
- Raise CTR’s for cost estimates
- Seek budget approval and be responsible for managing the costs for each scope of work
- Co-ordinating Engineering, Fabrication and procurement of materials
- Responsible for producing fully detailed engineering and executions plans in conjunction with the Modification Planner
- Co-ordinate all 3rd party vendors in line with the execution plan and in conjunction with the Construction Coordinators
- Co-ordinate trade split requirements and arrange mob/de-mob dates in conjunction with Construction Coordinator and Modification Planner
- Arrange and control tools and equipment
- Be able to produce work packs when required
- Report progress on a weekly basis of all their projects
- Attend morning calls and resolve and support site issues
- Populate MWR (Modification Work Request) sheet to incorporate weekly progress
- Assist with any new processes and procedures developed by the Modification Team
- Populate close out register and close out each project as per the close out process
- Complete the required training identified as mandatory for the Modification Team
- Be flexible where required and ensure you are available to work on site during planned or unplanned shutdowns
What you will need:
- Able to co-ordinate large and small teams of specialist Personnel.
- Competently and effectively manage and control difficult situations
- Degree and/or significant industry experience in a similar role.
- Good communication & presentation skills required.
- Significant industry experience in similar role.
- Able to communicate effectively with Operations and Maintenance Teams.
- Operations, Maintenance or Trade certification would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the Spirit PTW System and competent to PA Level would be an advantage.
The role may be both challenging and demanding at times and will require full commitment and focus during these periods.
The Shutdown and Modifications Project Engineer role will predominantly be sited in Aberdeen, however there will be periods where the role will require to attend site office in Barrow as well as offshore visits.
Travel requirements are by pre-arranged agreement with Shutdown Manager. Flexibility required during Shutdown period to meet with Asset shutdown expectations.
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to work with an Operator
- Attractive daily rates