||Shift E&I Technician
|Temp or Perm:
||01324 625 227
NRL's Engineering client is looking to recruit a Shift E&I Technician on a permanent, staff basis to be based in their off in Grangemouth.
About the role:
- To install, maintain and improve plant equipment to allow the manufacturing process to operate in a safe and reliable manner to meet the business demand. The role will be working across all Refinery assets and plants.
- Applicants should be familiar with rotating equipment from fractional kW to multi MW motors, starter and control systems, ESD systems and level, pressure, flow and temperature measurement devices. As well as wide ranging E/I equipment and technologies from relay based systems to modern software based safety systems with upwards of 1000 I/O.
- Maintaining safe and efficient maintenance service to the plant to support business plans for volume, quality, reliability, fixed costs, variable costs and customer service.
- Inspect and maintain equipment to agreed priorities and plans within safety and operational procedures to ensure any potential faults are identified and acted on in advance of failure.
- Examine faulty equipment in order to accurately ascertain nature of fault and implement effective repairs to agreed priorities and plans.
- Procure spares required for repairs from stores to expedite repair of equipment.
- Record progress and details of work and inspections carried out in Maximo maintenance record system to update equipment status and provide an accurate history of work carried out.
- Identify and implement improvements to work methods and equipment to eliminate faults and inefficiencies to improve overall and HSE performance.
- Preparation of equipment to allow the incoming shift to start repair/ maintenance efficiently as well as continuing high priority work from the outgoing shift.
What you will need:
- Must be a maintenance technician with a proven record of accomplishment of delivery across a broad range of Instrument and Electrical maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance activities including routine maintenance, set piece equipment overhauls and plant/equipment troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Flexible and have the ability to work under pressure as well as work well on their own, and act on their own initiative.
- Proficient in computer systems and be able to network effectively with a strong bias for action towards continuous improvement and provide significant drive where required.
- Candidates should have a current driving license.
- Candidates should have maintenance experience
- HNC and NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Experience of Inspection and Installation of equipment for use in hazardous areas
What's in it for you?
- Central Location
- Attractive Salary