|Job Title:||Senior Strategic Systems Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Our client, a major engineering support services company, is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for Submarine Strategic Systems to be based at either HMNB Clyde, HMNB Devonport or Bristol.
Overall Department Direction:
Our client provides engineering management services to enable the delivery of the company’s key contracted outputs to the MoD, essentially to deliver available and capable platforms for the Royal Navy. Maritime Mission Systems contains both Strategic and Combat Systems Engineers who provide an engineering support and management service to the MoD in addition to providing organic engineering management to our clients’ waterfront teams.
Main Purpose of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced engineer, to support our clients’ contribution to the Submarine Strategic Weapon Enterprise (SWE). Key elements of the post are:
- To support the Strategic Systems Engineering Team within Engineering Services.
- To support contracted tasking from Trident Systems Project Team (TSPT) SWS & SWSS outputs.
- To represent our clients’ strategic system engineering capability within the SWE.
- To maintain a unified and coherent approach to strategic systems engineering support across business units.
- To work effectively with other UK strategic system industry partners within the Strategic Weapons Enterprise.
- To act as a client subject matter expert for Submarine Strategic Systems, providing advice and facilitating information exchanges as required to support business outputs.
We will provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you’d expect from a global company including supporting you to obtain further qualifications and to achieve chartered membership of a professional engineering body (IET, IMechE).
- You need to have a minimum of a foundation degree/BTEC (HNC/HND) level in Electronic/Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- You need to have significant knowledge in Submarine Strategic Systems programme, policies, procedures, technologies, equipment, support, and operations. Desirably you will have recent experience of working with MoD authorities.