|Job Title:||Senior Site Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
A main contractor is currently recruiting a permanent Senior Site Engineer for high-end residential works based initially near Shepherds Bush but with a head office near Kensington. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Site Engineer to join a growing business and develop their career with regularly increasing experience and career development.
About the role:
- Manages the Engineering function as the senior representative.
- Co-ordinates with the line manager and provides Engineering Leadership for their respective project(s).
- Sets the strategy for Engineering setting out and on site control, along with the (Engineer/Assistant Engineer) and subordinates/supply chain.
- Is the primary point of reference for Quality Assurance, record keeping and production ensuring the establishment and maintenance of the quality procedures and requirements.
- Takes responsibility for Temporary Works Control/Co-ordination and where required actively manages lifting operations.
- Demonstrates advanced awareness in the best forms of dimensional control and is comfortable in rotating global grids into local grid format.
- Ensures that site and graduate engineers take responsibility for the management of survey equipment.
- Ensures that the engineering team completes as-built surveys for key elements. Understands key tolerances and can analyse details across a number of interfaces to highlight potential problems.
- Competent in the principles of quality control for the majority of packages. Can review and create Inspection & Test Plans. Can readily display advanced knowledge of key packages such as concrete, drainage, steelwork and brickwork.
- Has a good awareness of the project specifications, in particular tolerances for vertical and horizontal structural elements.
- Is comfortable in creating and closing out Non-Conformance's. Understands the cost of defects and remedial works.
- Is competent in the issuing of “Permits to break ground”.
- Can review and create method statements and risk assessments.
- Identifies where information is missing and has an excellent working knowledge of the project RFI process.
- Undertakes the role of Project Lifting Operations Appointed Person (When appointed) .
- Constantly provides information to the project planner to allow programmes to be updated or updates them personally.
- Provides assistance and more often than not leads site and graduate engineers, demonstrating best practice at all times.
- Takes responsibility for ground validation reports to fulfil the planning obligations.
- Develops the project logistics plan and has input into establishing the programme to completion
- Understand outputs for various trades, highlighting where trades are falling behind programme or under resourced.
- Point of contact for technical, temporary works and lifting operations audits. Responsible for ensuring that all actions are closed within a suitable time-frame.
- Is a key member of the project management team in the delivery of Health, Safety and Environmental presentations.
- Assists the project design manager in the design approvals process and establishes benchmarks and samples.
- Able to draft, monitor and update short term programmes
What you will need:
- First Aid
- Able to complete health and safety inspections, providing assistance, support and active management of graduate and site engineers
- Service Avoidance course
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator training
- Lifting Operations basic awareness course - with support, can undertake the role of Lifting Operations Appointed Person
- A61 CPCS Lifting Operations Appointed Persons course
- Scaffold awareness/inspection
- ASTA basic & intermediate
- Extensive experience on structural frame as well as refurbishment and fitting-out projects
- Fully competent in understanding the dangers of underground services and the risk control procedures required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good working knowledge of AUTOCAD
- Competent in the use of digital information systems i.e. A-Site, Viewpoint for Projects, etc.
- Significant experience in the design management process
- A broad range of technical exposure, within the following trades - piling, geotechnical, substructures (including waterproofing), superstructures facades and intricate internal works, basic mechanical and electrical systems
- Can assess temporary works systems for their suitability and understands any limitations where necessary
- Experienced in Quality Management procedures
- Working Knowledge of BIM , with the ability to input 3D scanning or point cloud survey information
- Can demonstrate where it has been required to instigated change to improve project performance
- Desirable: Professional status – ICE, CIOB, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus of up to 10%
- BUPA Health care
- 5% matched pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Opportunity to work within a growing business