|Job Title:||Senior Project Engineering Requirements|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for the following requirements based at Devonport Dockyard in Plymouth, on a contract basis;
- Senior Project Engineer (Electrical)
- Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical Services)
- Senior Project Engineer (Buildings)
10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
About The Role:
Senior Project Engineer (Electrical)
- To assist the Discipline Lead in delivery of the electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the electrical engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Discipline Lead.
- The post operates as part of the Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards, registered with Engineering Council.
- NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
- NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
- NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering.
- Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of Communications and data systems;
- Design of electrical building services;
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Experience of working in BIM environments
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health, Safety & Environment (including Principal Designer responsibilities under CDM) and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical Services) & Senior Project Engineer (Buildings)
- Mechanical Services is to assist the Package Manager
- Buildings and Berthing Services in the delivery of project scope.
- HND (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field
- Nuclear: None
- Local: Risk Assessor Training
- Health & Safety Management of Sub-contractors Training
- Experience Demonstrable experience working in a Project.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge structures or services.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- To be able to demonstrate Project Engineering in a Nuclear related field.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.