||Senior Planning Consultant
|Temp or Perm:
Senior Planning Consultant
Permanent, Full Time
Salford, Greater Manchester
We are looking for someone to play a key role in the delivery of an effective and efficient planning enforcement service for local authority clients in a successful, rapidly growing consultancy.
You will also be accountable for:
• Processing major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
• Undertaking pre-application discussions on major proposals, some under Planning
• Performance Agreements, being proactive and problem-solving to achieve deliverable outcomes in addition to preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for external clients.
• Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
• Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
• Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviors.
• Ability to keep up to date with current and emerging policy development at a local, regional and national level so that clients are in a strong position to benefit from existing policies and potential changes
• Be involved in service improvements and our business operations to ensure resilience competitive edge, efficiency and effectiveness going forward.
• Support your peers and mentor more junior staff to ensure project and team targets are met and knowledge and expertise is shared whilst assisting to secure new and repeat work in the way you deliver projects.
• Be willing to travel to meet our client requirements. Driving license required
• Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
• 3 years or more relevant experience.
• High level of ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
• Demonstrable experience of working as a planner/senior planning officer or consultant in the public/private sector.
• A demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
• Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Development Management service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery.
To discuss the role further call Sally on 01524 865559 or send your CV to [email protected]