|Job Title:||Senior Planner|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
|Consultant Phone:||01483 302 133|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Senior Planner to work on major projects in India on a permanent basis.
About the role:
- Provide Project Planning services for a large and complex deepwater FPSO project in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Use innovative methods to continuously improve the planning methods utilized in a large project environment.
- Responsible for implementing modifications to provide a cost-effective planning service within assigned budget constraints.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in planning Oil & Gas industry Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management for FPSO field development projects using computer based planning and scheduling techniques.
- Code activities and apply logic links to enable schedule time analysis.
- Baseline Schedule once agreed, with the Project Management Team.
- Maintain schedules with updates from EPC contractors.
- Review baseline dates versus actual dates in the plan.
- Monitor and report planned / actual / and earned man hours.
- Monitor and report planned and actual progress.
- Liaise with Construction Disciplines to ensure accuracy of progress and forecast dates. Attend on / offshore planning review meetings as appropriate.
- Liaise with the project team and planners to resolve conflicts.
- Ensure the requisite quality of data is maintained.
- Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated plans and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
- Report risks/changes against schedules to the Project Lead Planning Engineer, Project Engineer and Construction Engineer in a timely and concise manner.
- Lead any schedule risk sessions in conjunction with the nominated facilitator.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety and performing safe working practices
What you will need:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with others (verbally, written and meetings).
- Ability to apply Critical Path Method planning techniques to develop detail Engineering and Installation Project networks and schedules.
- Computer based Project Management Planning experience (especially utilizing Primavera P6 package or equivalent).
- Ability to apply Earned Value Management techniques to measure/status and monitor performance.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels up to top management
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills
- IT/Computer Literacy in particular Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel
- Understands and applies planning theory, process and best practices
- Capable of communicating with project groups and third parties to agreed standards, systems, processes to meet the project and client requirements
- Capable of managing and co-ordinate approach to resolving procedural issues in a timely manner
- Proven ability to negotiate, mediate and delegate as well as lead a team or participate as a team member.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with safe workplace practices and duty of care.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering
- Significant experience in Major Project Planning. Oil and Gas Industry experience.
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of offshore deepwater FPSO installations and developments
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Strong leadership skills and be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary and package
- Chance to work with an industry leading EPC