|Job Title:||Senior Pipelines Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client is looking to recruit a Senior Pipelines Engineer to join them on a permanent basis working on Subsea Pipelines. South East based and potentially Aberdeen and Stavanger.
About the role:
- Perform relevant engineering duties under supervision of Lead Engineer, Project Manager or other assigned supervisor
- Responsible for delivery of engineering scope, checking calculations and analyses
- Ensure compliance with corporate and project QMS and HSE procedures
- Supervise and co-ordinate engineers and draughtsmen as required
- Liaise with other members of the project team
- Proficient in writing and checking of design reports and calculation sheets
- Experience in preparation of procurement data sheets and material and fabrication specifications
- Liaise with clients as may be required
- Liaise with material and equipment suppliers
- Undertake assignments in other KW offices, client offices, vessels or on-site
- Support to bid preparation
- Provide input to development of engineering methodologies and tools
- Undertake research and development projects as may be required
- Contribute to the Company Technical and Marketing Publications and presentations
- Training/mentoring of Junior Engineers
- Technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables.
- Support/ organise the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Identifies requirements and scope of work; reviews Basis of Design, philosophies, specifications, and other relevant documents.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal to Lead/Principal Engineer. Supports discipline input to regular Project reporting.
- Undertake specific tasks/area of work as defined by the Lead/Principal Engineer, including: Philosophies, Specifications, Civil & Structural Design Calculations, Plans, Drawings, and MTO.
- Support the Lead Pipeline Engineer with Technical Bid Evaluations. Reviews vendor documentation and comments to ensure design conformance.
- Ensure design compatibility and conformance with client specifications and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures.
- Contribute to training and development.
- Interface with other disciplines as necessary to ensure integrated and optimal design.
- Perform related duties as and when instructed by Lead/Principal Engineer.
What you will need?
- Be Competent in use of relevant codes and software
- Construction and offshore installation experience desirable
- Knowledge of materials and corrosion control
- Project engineering experience desirable
- Experience in bid preparation desirable
Systems Knowledge preferred:
- MS Word and Excel
What’s in it for you?
- Join a workclass company on a permanent basis