|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Designer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer for work based in Warrington. This is a long term contract working for a leading client within the Nuclear Industry.
About the Role:
- Reporting to a Senior Mechanical Engineer, the Senior Designer is required to produce the manufacturing deliverables, primarily GA and Detail drawings etc.
- Using Inventor 3D drawing package of plant items including; Vessels, Tanks & Columns c/w internals.
- The candidate will need to be familiar with Producing design drawings to a manufacturing level from PV Elite Mechanical Design calculations (PD 5500) output files including 3D model and be able to converse with Lead Design Engineer and translate requirements into the 2D / 3D Design drawings and including any relevant technical specifications.
- Read and transfer information from existing manual drawings of vessel internals to Inventor 2D/3D formats
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 3 years experience of working within a highly regulated industry, preferably within the nuclear industry but not essential.
- Suitably qualified and experienced to produce and check deliverables
- Experienced in the production of manufacturing detailed drawings and specifications.
- Familiar with the relevant standards and codes.
- It is essential the candidate can manage their own workload and check that of others and drive completion of the work scope independently against a demanding schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Basic Clearance required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with P1 pass.
- Design tools and software: Inventor, PV Elite output + 2D / 3D Model Files. Familiar with Microsoft Office Packages, AutoCAD.