|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Designer 3D|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
We are currently recruitng for an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer for work based in Warrington on a contract basis.
Experience & Skills:
- Has recent experience producing mechanical designs using Inventor. In addition experience within a Vault environment is useful.
- Able to provide fit for purpose and cost effective designs to timescale and budget, ensuring minimum rework following checking.
- Understands the general methodology for nuclear engineering design i.e. the need for modularisation, surface finish, and specialist maintenance requirements. With guidance, can provide material and hardware selection to suit the design criteria.
- Experienced at producing design documentation in the form of GAs, SAs, detail drawings and fabrications. Incorporating weld symbols, limits & fits and geometrical tolerances as appropriate.
- Preferably, has a working knowledge of MHDs, MSDs, DPDs and MFDs as used in the Nuclear industry.
- Capable of self-checking of their work to a high standard prior to issue for formal independent checking.
- Preferably HNC qualified (ONC Minimum) and must have nuclear experience.
- Ideally, will have recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment.
- Experience with Glove Box design will be beneficial.