||Senior Engineer- Noise & Vibration
|Temp or Perm:
||0141 226 8155
NRL's large Engineering client, is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer- Noise & Vibration on contract basis in Renfrew.
About the role:
- Perform investigations into pipework & structural related vibration problems, including performing vibration, dynamic stress & dynamic pressure measurements, both onshore and offshore
- Perform vibration assessment at design stage in line with Energy Institute AVIFF Guidelines
- Perform detailed analysis to prevent and solve vibration induced fatigue failures. This may include the use of Dewesoft, FEA, CFD, PULS etc.
What you will need:
- BEng / MEng Mechanical Engineering Related Degree or equivalent
- Chartered status or at least working towards
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Experience in use of handheld instrumentation for performing vibration, dynamic pressure and dynamic stress measurements.
- Knowledge and experience of Energy Institure AVIFF Guidelines.
- Knowledge of vibration induced fatigue (BS 7608) and how to assess, prevent and determine mitigation measures.
- Knowledge & experience of Dewesoft, FEA, PULS, Caesar II is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High computer literacy in MS Office, Solidworks, Matlab or similar
What's in it for you?
- Attractive rate
- Excellent working location.