|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Oil & Gas|
A Senior Electrical Engineer with a flexible approach and knowledge of general building services to provide support for ongoing contracts and bid preparation for UK and International Government Services Projects. Work within a multi- disciplinary Engineering Team to provide engineering input and support to various projects including, UK NSPA, and MOD as well as projects and bids for other Government Departments. The role may require visits to MOD/NATO sites in locations such as Afghanistan and the Middle East.
Responsible for the delivery of the engineering aspects of projects from inception to completion, either by leading or working as part of a team. The role may include; understanding and assisting with the preparation of brief definition, development of scheme design, production and checking of design calculations, preparation of technical specifications and procurement packs, technical research, consultation with component manufacturers and constructors, performance monitoring and the preparation of reports. Work may require investigation of related areas and technologies outside of previous experience.
The role requires knowledge of and the application of basic engineering principles and engineering judgment in the selection of options. It requires reliable delivery in accordance with defined performance criteria and stakeholder expectations. Specific responsibilities may include;
- The design, validation, specification, and selection of services relating to a range of electrical services systems including; Power Generation, Sub-Stations HV/LV distribution, Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power, Lightning Protection, Fire Alarms, Communications and Control.
- Production or management of the production of conceptual through to ‘for construction’ designs, specifications and equipment selection, bills of materials and requisitioning.
- Ensuring that assigned tasks are completed within time and budget constraints
- Equipment inspections & factory acceptance tests on new equipment and conditioning reports on recovered deployed equipment.
- Evaluation of other building services such as general Mechanical and HVAC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering/Building Services or a relevant NVQ/HNC
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of general building services including Mechanical & HVAC equipment is preferred
- Experience in delivering project work, to British Standards and Regulations.
- Commercial awareness
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently using their own initiative or within a team
- Competent in the use of; MS Office, AutoCAD and design software including Amtech, Relux, Cymap and Hevacomp.