||Senior Ecology Manager
|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for a Senior Ecology Manager for work with our client in Birmingham on an initial 6 month contract basis with a view for it to be extended. The work would consist of ecological aspects of enabling works for phase 2a. The ecology manager will have all the contracts who are performing the work reporting back to them for the ecological aspects of the role. Essentially they are looking for a manager that is able to negotiate with Natural England regarding organisational licences for Phase 2A and this will consist of applying for site permits where protected species are involved, overseeing work done by the ecological contractors
Our clients UK Ecology Team comprises over 160 ecologists based across the UK and covers all terrestrial, freshwater and marine habitats. We provide our clients with the full range of ecological services including specialist habitat and species surveys, impact assessment, advice on biodiversity mitigation, offsetting and enhancement, and management planning for biodiversity.
What you will need:
• Have undertaken a wide range of habitat and protected species field surveys;
• Have undertaken some co-ordination and/or management of field surveys;
• Hold one or more protected species survey licences, or otherwise be in the process of developing experience to support a licence application;
• Have good writing skills with some experience of producing ecological reports and/or other deliverables;
• Hard working and highly motivated, with good interpersonal skills and team approach;
• Organised, pro-active, reliable and willing to travel between project sites;
• Hold a Full Driving Licence.
• You will have a BSc and / or MSc in a biological or environment-related discipline;
• You will show evidence of ongoing vocational training;
• You will be eligible for or have full membership of CIEEM.
Whats in it for you:
Opportunity to work for a large consultancy
Long term work