|Job Title:||Senior Control, Command & Signalling Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
NRL are currently recruiting for a Senior CCS Engineer for work with one of our engineering clients supporting HS2 on a contract basis in Euston.
The Lead Senior CCS Engineer is responsible for developing the technical standards, requirements and specifications to which the system will be designed and constructed as outlined in the CCS strategy.
About the role:
- Leading the engagement and management of stakeholders to ensure a holistic approach for development of engineering solutions.
- Providing technical assurance for Command Control and Signalling Systems.
- Provide LoD Level 1 technical input against designated systems.
- Working closely with the wider operations and engineering disciplines to develop Command Control and Signalling Systems solutions that consider all relevant systems and sub-systems.
- Lead the development of requirements, specifications and standards which deliver railway capability, while mitigating environmental impacts, within the programme and budget.
- Lead the development of technical solutions involving proof of concept.
- Act as the technical lead for commercially sensitive aspects such as tender evaluations.
- Lead the management of technical risk for Command Control and Signalling Systems works.
- Providing technical expertise and advice relating to Command Control and Signalling Systems to the wider project organisation and external stakeholders.
- Manage engineering aspects of work packages and suppliers, as required.
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity & Respect.
- Technical skills to develop robust, traceable technical requirements to facilitate successful execution of engineering contracts.
- Collaborative working with suppliers to develop technical solutions from operational and technical requirements.
- Presentation skills to deliver complex written and oral communications and presentations suitable for a broad audience and a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise workloads appropriately.
- Degree, or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered professional status or working towards chartership.
- Good understanding of Control Command and Signalling Systems and their relationship to railway operations.
- Understanding of Control Command and Signalling Systems system design integration and commissioning processes.
- Understanding of development, design and construction of similar Control Command and Signalling Systems projects.
- Understanding of Railway Systems Assurance processes and the application of the Common Safety Method, Risk Assessment process (CSM-RA).
- Awareness of relevant modelling software and its role in engineering solution development.
- Development or delivery of Control Command and Signalling Systems associated with modern railways or similar client organisations.
- Working knowledge of the application of technical standards, both national and international, which apply to Control Command and Signalling Systems and railway system design and operation.
- Working knowledge of the technical issues associated with current and future Control Command and Signalling Systems technology.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary management team within a large, complex project
- Establishment of requirements and evaluation of proposed solutions.
- Project planning and organisation to meet significant project deadlines.
- Competitive rates
- Opportunity to work on a large infrastructure project
- Long-term contract