|Job Title:||Senior Chartered Building Surveyor|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01524 865555|
Senior Chartered Building Surveyor
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Chartered Building Surveyor within A team based in Barnet
This role will be responsible for service delivery to a wide range of clients in designing solutions for commercial, education, health, local authorities and other public-sector clients. Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor who is looking to progress their career to the next level and who wishes to be part of our continued growth and expansion.
You may be asked to work from our other regional offices or client sites as required from time to time. There will be a requirement for overnight weekday stays due to site based work.
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Develop detailed briefs in conjunction with the client & other colleagues
- Carry out site surveys (including measured surveys, condition surveys & defect analysis)
- Carry out design work and assist with preparing tender information
- Deal with administering building contracts
- Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect Analysis, PW work, Dilapidations, Access Audits, etc.)
- Undertake Fire Risk Assessments & Fire Compartmentation Surveys
- Undertake quality monitoring of construction work.
- Liaise with clients, contractors & other consultants (internal and external)
- Assist with business development tasks, including developing fee proposals
- Assist with financial forecasting tasks
- Assist with mentoring and training the Graduate Building Surveyors within the team
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Significant experience within a commercial, educational or health sector Building Surveying environment
- Chartered member of RICS, CIOB or similar
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with clients and colleagues
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- AutoCAD &/or REVIT skills
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work & willingness to travel as may be required.
- Team player
- Analytical and enquiring mind
- Experience of working on a range of commercial buildings, including education, health or transportation projects
- Good understanding of the Building Regulations and their implication for design and surveying of buildings
- Use of NBS Specification Manager, NBS Contract Administrator, Excel, Word MS Project, AutoCAD or REVIT, Kycloud (or similar)
Training and development aren’t optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 days holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What we hope you will do next
Please call Carol Holmes on 01524 865512 for any further information