|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01946 820 002|
Senior Buyer – Major Nuclear Projects in North West
Our client is a major global organisation with vast diversity in provision within the Power Sector to include Nuclear, Thermal, Green Energy and also the Oil & Gas & Petro-chem sector. A prestigious & highly successful company with a proven track record in the delivery of key infrastructure & services, providing expertise in technical, engineering, professional and construction services.
A lucrative opportunity exists for a professional & innovative Senior Buyer to be part of the future global growth of the company, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of one of the most significant Nuclear establishments in the UK.
To be responsible for all buying activities on a major construction project reporting directly to the Procurement Manager.
About the role:
Qualified in Supply Chain Management and/or Procurement, MCIPs preferred, combined with relevant experience.
Skilled in cultivating excellent working relationships at Management, Stakeholder, Client and Sub-Contractor level.
Must have a proven track record on Nuclear regulated sites, with an in depth knowledge of buying, procurement and supply chain management.
High level knowledge of UK Nuclear Legislation & Regulations.
What you will need:
- Proven track record in buying on major engineering & construction projects
- Determine product & service needs
- Facilitating all supplier demands
- Procurement & delivery of goods and services key to construction phase
- Working with Construction, Engineering and HSE & Quality Teams
- Collating & negotiating quotes
- Interrogation & analysing pricing structures to maximise commercial returns
- Data collation and use of inventory systems and purchasing software.
- Purchase order management in line with construction programming
- Research & secure new suppliers
- Delivery of quality products and services which are best fit for the project
- Develop, improve and create strategies for purchasing, distribution & storing of goods & services
- Attendance at Supplier and Commercial meetings
Robust commercial awareness skills, capability for budget forecasting and analytical interpretation.
Be highly proactive, adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Must be a driven forward thinking professional with an ability to problem solve.
What's in it for you:
- Long Term Opportunity
- Major Nuclear Project
- Working for a global power house
Superb salary and benefit package to include:
- Medical Health Care Package plus family options & discounts
- Above average Pension package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Payment of professional accreditations