|Job Title:||Senior Building Services / HVAC Engineer|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
NRL are currently recruiting for experienced Senior Building Services / HVAC Engineers to work on a contract basis at Birchwood Park in Warrington. This is working for one of our leading clients within the Nuclear industry and will be inside IR35.
About The Role:
The ventilation category is made up of asset care projects. Work is made up of issues identified on SAMdb and assessed through the worklist annual exercise. Work of significant size and complexity is delivered through this category but some work has been put through value streams and tasks. Those decisions are made with the business teams with support from category management and the respective task and value streams.
The category has now moved from dealing with mainly legacy jobs that were handed from value streams in various stages through to predominately newer work. This allows the category to further learn from our past delivery performance but also to share with value streams and tasks as to how to deliver better.
More significant changes are being made as we transition into an Axiom partner led design team and investigate the potential improvements for a similar approach to site based delivery. As more responsibility is transitioned into the supply chain there is a greater need to formalise the Intelligent Client (IC) roles and responsibilities. These arrangements are addressed within this document.
To support the HVAC Capability team delivering projects for Sellafield Limited Categorised Projects in all aspects of HVAC and Building Services with knowledge and experience in nuclear standards and processes, specifically the delivery of the design of HVAC Systems or modification to existing HVAC Systems. Able to be client facing and demonstrate confidence as a subject matter expert hence able to support all stakeholders. Role expectations are: -
- Reporting to the HVAC Manager/Principal Engineer.
- Have experience of working within Building Services Engineering design consultancy practice.
- An appreciation of quality assurance and business management.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients.
- An enquiring approach with a desire to explore innovative ideas whilst still understanding the need for a good commercial balance.
- Must be of smart appearance with a professional attitude and enthusiastic.
- Being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Available to travel short term in UK.
What You Will Need:
- Degree in Building Services Engineering or a minimum of 10 years HVAC design experience.
- Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential.
- Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures (preferred but not essential).
- Awareness of EG_0_1738_1 - Ventilation of Radioactive Areas.
- Design of ventilation systems from basic principles which shall include but not limited to: -
Review of room data sheets, Calculating required air change rates for free cooling, containment, etc.
Calculating airflow rates to enable duct sizing and pressure loss calculations for fan duties,
Develop HVAC Fire and Control Philosophy;
- Knowledge & experience in nuclear containment ventilation.
- Experience in the production of HVAC system design deliverables, specifying heat rejection plant (eg. air / water cooled condensers, heat pumps and heat recovery systems of varying types. The design of HVAC systems for cooling industrial process environments.
- Production of system schematics / Engineering Flow Diagrams (EFDs).
- Able to produce and check psychrometric calculations.
- Knowledge of steam and condensate processes and steam system design.
- Use of industry standard software such as Hevacomp and Pipenet.
- Thermal modelling experience would be an advantage.
- An understanding of Autocad packages and its capabilities.
- Experience in the delivery of written work, eg. Functional Specifications, Basis of Design, Equipment Specifications and Validation and Verification plans.
- Able to mentor junior staff, graduates and apprentices in nuclear ventilation design.
- Have at least 10yrs demonstrable experience in delivering in Building Services design.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry.
- Ability to manage his/her own time effectively to ensure tasks are delivered to budget and timescale.