|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting for an experienced Scheduling Manager to work on an initial 6 month contract at Staffordshire Technology Park. For the ideal candidate this role could move into a permanent role.
About The Role:
Joining the utilities division this role is supporting the Severn Trent Waste Water business, one of our clients biggest delivery contracts. This is an exciting time to join the team as they look to help achieve their ambitious targets set out in their business plan covering the next investment period up to 2025, building on success they have had in delivering this service for over 10 years.
The customer (scheduling) planning team, within the customer function, plays a critical part in the service delivery. The team is split into two divisions, covering specific types of work and geographical areas, with a separate outsourced supplier providing the “out of hours” planning activity. Over the last 12 months there have been a number of personnel, systems and structure changes within the scheduling team (both in and out of working hours teams) with varying impact on performance.
They are currently completing a review of the “out of hours” contract requirements, which also provides an opportunity to review the overall current team arrangements and performance management. This will also initiate a longer term view of the optimum model to support service delivery and contract performance as part of the upcoming contract tenders and ongoing.
What You Will Need:
In this project role you will be leading activity and providing best practice knowledge, to help define the target operating model for the scheduling function, to maximise performance and efficiency, supporting operational and customer delivery targets. Specific activity you will be supporting will include:
- Utilising seasonal and volume demand analysis available, to identify what levels of resource and skills sets are needed within the team
- Working with internal SME’s to recommend appropriate operating models (team resource, shift patterns)
- Defining the required KPI and targets to support management team
- Reviewing potential options (in house and out of house) for delivery of the target operating model, to provide interim and long term recommendations
- Supporting the planning manager and team in developing wider best practice team performance management strategies to maximise team performance and any efficiencies (especially through high demand winter periods)
- Supporting roll out of target operating model requirements
- Based in the Stafford offices with occasional travel to Liverpool offices when required