|Job Title:||Sales Centre Driver / Admin Role|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Sector:||Administration & Secretarial|
NRL are currently recruiting for our client who are a large industrial gases company looking for a sales centre driver on an initial 6-month contract basis to be based in Ellesmere port.
About the role:
Reporting to the Basingstoke Facility Manager the Sales Centre Driver position is responsible the delivery of Gas cylinders to customers in an efficient manner in accordance with all safety, quality and service standards applicable within the Sub-Region Merchant organisation.
These responsibilities include dealing with Customer Orders and Enquiries, there is also a requirement to operate a Large Goods Vehicle (Articulated Vehicle) for the delivery of Cylinders to Customers as well as a Forklift in the sorting and picking of orders for Customers.
Key interfaces include the Agent Support Team, Asset Management Team, Merchant Administration Team, Customer Services and Commercial Team to ensure alignment on best practices and commonality of approach, as well as with the other members of the Sales & Redistribution Centre Organisation. Accordingly, success in the position is dependent on Strong Interpersonal Skills, Ability to work within a small team, Organizational Skills, Operational/Technical Capacity and some Commercial Acumen.
Territory: Local Area Sales Centre (London Area)
Volume: up to 200 Cylinders per working day
Inventory – up to 1000 Eaches
Vehicles – up to 3 Cylinder Delivery Vehicles (Rigid and Articulated) and 1 Forklift
Asset Value Cylinders - £50,000 - £100,000
Asset Value Vehicles - £70,000 - £150,000
Budget - >£25,000 per annum
Revenue - £30,000 to £90,000 per month
IV. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position is accountable for:
- Ensuring Company’s and Legislative Safety Standards are complied with and maintained at all times on site.
- Picking, Sorting and Loading of Cylinders for Customer Deliveries
- Operation of LGV in the delivery of Cylinders to Customers
- Operation of Forklift in the loading of vehicles for Customer Deliveries
- Managing the Maintenance and Operation of Cylinder Delivery Vehicle in line with O Licence Requirements
- Maintaining a high standard of Housekeeping at all times
- Ensuring Basic Safety Books are up to date and that all personnel on site are completing mandatory activities.
- Dealing with Customers, following up on enquiries, supplying leads to the commercial team.
- Stewardship of Customers, reporting of Competitor Activity
||ACTIVITIES OF ROLE
Taking Customer Orders for Delivery
Providing Service to Collect Customers
Stewarding Customers and follow up on complaints
Sales Centre Coordinator
Day to Day Activities where required.
Interaction re Holiday Requests
Sickness / Near Miss / Incident Reporting
Anything else required in day to day running of site
Asset Management Team
New Customer Products Requirements
Agent Support Team
MOBY / Agent Plus Assistance
Stock Transport Orders
Commercial Team (BDM, EAM and IAM)
Reporting of Competitor Activity
Supporting Commercial Team in Building New Business
Reporting of any issues raised re Customers
Merchant Administration Team
Raising of PO for payment of Local Level Invoices
Other procurement enquiries
Credit Control Team
Credit Blocked Accounts
Opening of new Accounts
Customer Services Team
Coordination of Customer Deliveries placed via Crewe
What you will need:
- Large Goods Vehicle Licence (class 2)
- ADR Licence (Packages minimum class 2 Gases)
- Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
- Forklift Licence
- PC Skills
- Knowledge of Local Areas
- Good general Education
What’s in it for you:
Long term opportunity
Standard working hours