|Job Title:||Risk Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
About the role:
Our client a leading consultancy provider to the infrastructure sector are currently recruiting for Risk management professionals across their growing Northern hub in Manchester. Work will be supporting industry-leading teams to undertake duties on high profile infrastructure projects.
Implement or support the implementation of an integrated risk management across a major capital programme or project. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following: SCOPE:
- Facilitate identification, assessment and prioritisation of threats, opportunities and issues
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling, timely drawdown of risk budget or retirement of threat/opportunity.
- Use risk data to inform investment planning.
- Assist with the identification and recording of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, along with assessing the post mitigated positions.
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining Risk budget.
- Proactively manage the completion of management responses.
- Work with contractors to assess contractor held risks and their views on client held risks that impact upon them.
- Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunity status.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels. Depending on the role candidates will be expected to demonstrate basic to experienced levels of competence with tools such as PRA, @risk, Safran or similar. 10. Familiarity with web-based database tools – ARM, Predict, Tableau.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
In order to be able to carry out the duties of the role as required, candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following capabilities: a working understanding of an integrated risk management process (risk, cost and schedule) on a large programme or project, risk workshop facilitation, threat mitigation and opportunity exploitation, Qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk including probabilistic modelling (@risk, PRA and P6 proficiency – or equivalent) preferred. We are looking for candidates with proven experience in a risk delivery role on major projects/programmes – minimum 5 years. APM/IRM risk certified candidates preferred. Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and be genuinely committed to finding new and more effective ways of working.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary packages
- High profile infrastructure projects (rail, highways, utilities etc.)
- The chance to work with an industry-leading project controls consultancy