|Temp or Perm:
NRL are currently recruiting on behalf of an independent construction consultancy for a Risk Consultant to be involved in several projects in the Nuclear industry based in Warrington. For the right candidates this is a rare and exciting opportunity on a staff or contract basis.
About the role:
What you will need:
- To deliver a risk management service with a specific focus on Quantitative Risk Analysis using suitable tools, processes, procedures, and techniques, to support portfolio/programme & project decision making.
- To ensure the business is fully focused on successful achievement of its commitments, goals and objectives. Via the use of Pertmaster or suitably equivalent software.
- To provide specialist knowledge to support and drive Risk Management improvements through the Central Risk Team with a focus on Quantitative Risk Analysis.
- Multiple – the candidate will be supporting a range of projects at various points in their lifecycle as required.
- Significant Knowledge, experience and understating of using Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA aka Pertmaster).
- Ability to work on complex Projects including where there are several interdependencies and interfaces between other projects and programmes and/or with other programmes, businesses or enterprise requirements across the site.
- Provision of intelligent advice, coaching and challenge to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of project controls processes for planning, estimating and cost control to challenge at an appropriate level for risk escalation and analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of assurance and governance required and the ability to peer review and sign off integrated cost and schedule risk analysis.
- Support the application of the risk management professional framework for emerging tools and techniques and delivering their use into the business.
- May be educated/qualified to QCF Level 5/6 within the Risk profession.
- Suitable relevant work experience in a safety-critical environment may be considered in lieu of formal qualifications where appropriate, including an in depth knowledge, understanding and where appropriate considerable experience in one or more of the following: Programme / Project / Operations / Maintenance Management, Safety (both convention and nuclear), Design / Engineering / Commercial.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body, for example: IRM, APM, IOSH etc.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of defining change management and implementing innovative risk management improvements.