|Temp or Perm:
NRL are recruiting for a Risk Analyst to work on the HS2 project for Birmingham, working with an industry leading client of ours on an initial 3 month contract basis.
About the role:
This role will support the Risk Manager with managing the Project Risk Process and providing governance and assurance to the project board. The Risk Analyst will assist the Risk Manager in ensuring that the risk management process is enacted and that risk management supports the delivery of the work packages and the project.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Use Xactium to actively manage risk information
- Undertake risk reviews as appropriate with Work Package managers and Senior Project Managers and the leadership team.
- Monitor and challenge work package managers and teams so that they comply with the risk management procedures.
- Provide risk management information (reporting) when required to project, functional, and leadership teams
- Bringing significant risks and failings in the internal control system to the attention of the Project Managers and JV leadership team, in a timely manner, for review
- Own and manage a forward programme of risk management activities based on the work package strategy.
- Promote the joint evaluation and management of risks with the client and our contractors to establish a basis for risk sharing and incentives.
- Identify risks from a strategic view (top down) and from the operational environment (bottom up) to give better visibility of risk exposure across the project.
What’s in it for you?
- Support the development, reporting and establishment of key performance metrics to effectively visualise the Risk profile of each project
- Facilitate QCRA and QSRA workshops as required, recording and reporting on the outputs
- Monitor the output of others who undertake such workshops to monitor competence, consistency and compliance with Risk management procedures.
- Provide guidance in the concept of risk management to all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Support alignment with best practice guidelines and recommend continuous process improvements as and when
- Competitive hourly rate
- Experience working on a major UK infrastructure project
- Potential for contract extension