|Job Title:||Recruitment Assistant|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Administration & Secretarial|
|Consultant Phone:||01942 323277|
Not sure about the first step in your career? Not sure what role will challenge and reward you? Not sure what industry is the best fit for your ambition and skills? Recruitment, and more specifically, NRL, can help.
Bucking the usual clichés, NRL has an enviable reputation for offering an alternative approach to recruitment. We focus on the long term for both clients and staff. We whole-heartedly believe a motivated, engaged and valued team offers the best possible client experience. We fully recognise the key factor in our 35+ year success is our staff, and uniquely see many of our team celebrate over a decade with the business. And we know our approach works.
With clients spanning the technical, engineering and construction sectors, we have had a 2018 turnover of over £180M. With recent inward investment in our IT, Finance and Marketing departments and an ambitious yet sustainable growth strategy, this is an exceptionally exciting time to be part of the NRL journey. Don’t just take our word for it – we have built an impressive trophy cabinet over the years. We have featured in ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ for 3 years running, and were recently listed as the second largest engineering agency by turnover and productivity in Recruiter magazine. Want to know more?
Our Wigan office has a solid base of clients but we want to welcome ambitious individuals to join the team and build its next wave of growth and expansion. You do not need any recruitment experience – just an appetite to succeed and learn.
Responsibilities and Duties
Initially you will join a structured training program designed to give you all the knowledge and tools needed for you to take responsibility for your own workload, manage new and existing clients and be a proud member of an award-winning company.
Your training will begin by supporting existing consultants within the team by making high volumes of calls to candidates seeking work in a variety of fields. Throughout this early period you will be exposed to new software, given increased responsibility and access to all the tools to move you towards running your own desk - whilst working as part of a close knit team.
Your role will include the following duties:
- Contacting potential candidates via telephone and email
- Arrangement and coordination of interviews
- Client/worker liaison
- Placing job advertisements
- Supporting our robust compliance procedure
- Providing general administrative support as required
As your career progresses you can expect to:
- Identify and be involved in the progression of new business opportunities
- Source your own candidates to fulfill client requirements
- Manage client accounts
- Develop an understanding of market conditions within your industry sector(s)
- Understand and support the sales process
Qualifications and Skills
- Comfortable working both independently and also as part of a team
- Confident telephone manner
- Good communication skills (both verbally and via email)
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, reactive environment
- Desire to learn, develop and progress
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we have created a benefits package designed to care for, reward and celebrate our team:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 days after 5 years continuous employment, with the option to buy an additional 5 holiday days per year
- Working hours flexibility so you can manage your work-life balance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Long service awards
- An Advantage card offering exclusive savings on 1,000s of products and services
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan, screening and well-being scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Insurance