|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
NRL are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our large engineering clients for a Project Quantity Surveyor to work on major highways projects on a 12 month contract basis in Worcester.
About the role:
Reporting to a either a Principal Quantity Surveyor or Technical Director, the role will require the successful candidate to take on a project QS role. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a high aptitude in service delivery. The candidate should be client facing and demonstrate technical qualities for the role. Project roles will be typically be within the Worcester region, based out of our clients Worcester office.
Typical duties of a Quantity Surveyor required vary from estimation through to tendering and contract documentation preparation and post contract cost control and management.
What you will need:
- Experience will be suited to candidates that have private practice quantity surveying experience and experience of working on major projects such as buildings and highways related.
- Proven ability to work with clients in complex programme environments
- Cost Management training or relevant qualifications
- Client facing
- Proactive approach to resolving issues and uncertainties
- Strong estimating experience and experience of managing costs to budget
- Understanding of risk and value management
- Inquiring, open-minded approach.
- Ability to collaborate with collaborative design and engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- MRICS is desirable
- SC desirable but not essential
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rates
- Experience working on major infrastructure projects
- Opportunity to work with a global engineering company
- Long term contract with a view to being extended further