|Job Title:||QHSE Manager|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Dalkeith is looking to recruit a QHSE Manger to join them on a permanent basis. A great opportunity to join a flourishing company.
About the role:
- Prime contact for HSE for site
- Continuously develop a culture that prioritises effective performance and shared ownership for Health and safety throughout the company.
- Target areas for HSE improvement through the analysis of current performance, and the implementation of continuous improvement methods.
- Monitor for updates to H & S legislation
- Write and update H & S procedures (using detail knowledge of legislation)
- Chair Safety Steering Committee
- Monitor status of risk assessments. Chase up overdue.
- Monitor completion of actions from accident investigations.
- Manage COSHH assessments
- Personally investigate serious accidents.
- Ensure Business Continuity and Incident Management plans are in place and tested
- Ensure H & S audits completed and actions completed.
- Commission Fire risk assessments.
- Review and propose updates to Health & Safety policy.
- Monitor for updates to legislation.
- Review, and approve updates to ‘aspects and impacts’.
- Definition and monitoring of improvement targets.
- Review and propose updates to Environment and Energy policies.
- Manage internal environmental audit programme
- Assist with third party audits
- Be accountable for the provision of accurate and timely environmental data
- Communicate environmental data to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Monitor and review all environmental events ensuring all incidents and near misses are correctly reported, categorised and processed, and prior to incident close-out, ensure root causes for environmental events have been determined and any remedial actions closed out.
What you will need?
- NEBOSH qualification with evidence of further personal development in Health & Safety.
- Previously managed the Health & Safety agenda in a prior role
- Excellent project planning and implementation skills and the ability be able to produce high quality written reports and information suitable
- Detailed knowledge of ISO9001 standard & Detailed knowledge of environmental management and of ISO 14001
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary & benefits
- 35 hour working week