|Job Title:||Purchasing and Administrative Assistant|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Sector:||Administration & Secretarial|
|Consultant Phone:||01524 865555|
NRL provides recruitment services, training, rail maintenance and Non-Destructive testing (NDT) services to the technical, engineering and construction industries.
Established in 1983, NRL has grown into one of the country’s leading recruitment and contracting companies.
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing and Administrative Assistant to join our Heysham branch on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the Role
To provide support to the Purchasing Administrator in delivering the purchasing requirements of our clients and supporting the branch administration department. Keeping a constant focus on accuracy, attention to detail and customer service.
- Receive and process orders
- Handle all queries regarding the above and liaise with the clients and suppliers to ensure communication is clear at all times
- Arrange payments and credit terms with suppliers
- Arrange for charges (invoices) to be made to clients
- Ensure all of the above is handled in line with the time critical and ”first time right” nature of the service
- Supporting in the expediting and planning of materials and services
- Formatting CV’s
- Generating contracts, other documents and bookings
- Maintaining various databases, updating/adding information and documents
- Completion and chasing candidate references
- Post – inbound and outbound
- Logistical support for internal and external customers
- Support on client visits as and when required
- Any additional duties that may arise
- Microsoft Word & Excel to a competent level
- Ability to build good customer service relations
- Ability to work well within a team and build a strong internal reputation for high quality delivery of work and customer service
- Ability to prioritise, organise and work with attention to detail under pressure
- Ability to learn new systems and procedures to ensure tasks completed to a high standard
- Previous experience of a fast paced customer service environment and some purchasing work would be preferable but not essential.
As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we have created a benefits package designed to care for, reward and celebrate our team:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 days after 5 years continuous employment, with the option to buy an additional 5 holiday days per year
- Working hours flexibility so you can manage your work-life balance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Long service awards
- An Advantage card offering exclusive savings on 1,000s of products and services
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan, screening and wellbeing scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Insurance