|Job Title:||Project Planner|
|Temp or Perm:||Contract Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8156|
NRL’s client based in Grangemouth are looking to recruit a Project Planner on an ongoing contract basis.
About the role:
- As the Project Planner, you will be required to build, schedule and report on project plans to aid the Project Manager and team in meeting their Project targets.
- Key Responsibilities:
- To directly interface with the Project Managers and Engineers
- To ensure a joined up approach to planning for multiple projects, including front end engineering, design, construction, commissioning, completions and close out.
- To take strategic direction from the Project Lead(s)/Manager(s)
- Take full accountability for Front End Planning for the engineering phase of the Project.
- The management and control of the front end planning function using Primavera P6
- Apply a Cradle to Grave ownership to the Capex and Remediation projects they are allocated to
- Ensure all projects are correctly maintained, updated, archived
- Identification and communication of Risks to the project schedule
- Utilise a front-end standard network for Capex and Remediation projects
- Carryout detailed delay analysis on project plans when required
- Help ensure all work executed by the projects team is planned.
- Produce resource histograms to assist in resource allocation and/or recruitment.
- Conduct regular planning meetings with the project owners and the engineering team to ensure accuracy of the plans for reporting progress.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Planning Engineer to input the front-end plan into the integrated Capex and Remediation programmes.
- Organise and manage Interactive planning sessions for project as required.
- Meet or exceed the contractual planning Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work as part of an integrated planning team, sharing workload across the portfolio of projects.
- HND / HNC in engineering discipline considered.
- Experience in the construction industry and/ or with some knowledge of the petro-chemical or oil and gas industry preferred
- Competent in Primavera (P6)
- Experienced in a project environment
- Knowledge of project gated processes
- Ideally some working knowledge of NEC3 Contracts
- Must be self-motivated and able to effectively communicate and where appropriate influence the Project Team and contract personnel
- Must also be capable of interfacing with Contractor and Client senior personnel in an effective manner to achieve project objectives
- Brownfield project experience mandatory, in particular multiple small project deliver