|Job Title:||Project Manager - Submarine|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||0141 226 8155|
NRL's engineering client, is looking to recruit a Project Manager - Submarine to join their team in Tyne on permanent staff basis.
About the role:
The Project Management department is critical to the business as the main interface between the company and its customer. The project function incorporates the following:-
- Co-ordinate and expedite all aspects of the project including production, purchasing, commercial and sub contractors on the project.
- Liaise with on-site Client team ensuring all issues are captured and documented.
- To help monitor, maintain and report the progress and financial achievement of the project to the Project Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with the company Project Management procedure.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered on time and within the agreed budgets to ensure the satisfaction of both the company and the customer.
- Evaluating project requirements and establish the necessary team.
- Arranging planning and project meetings during the build of the project.
- Work with all departments and contractors to forecast the project labour requirements.
- Monitoring the working of any overtime on the project and documenting all timesheets.
- Managing/assisting with the day to day project operations.
- Monitoring of daily man hour spend to ensure completion with agreed targets.
- Monitoring sub contractor’s performance to ensure timely completion.
- Maintaining the project achievement percentages to highlight any areas of concern.
- Ensuring compliance with the company safety, quality and environmental policies.
- Liaising with customers to ensure awareness of all project aspects.
- Listing and updating of all project schedules.
- Agreement of variations to the contract with the customer.
- Notifying contract variations to the project manager.
- Finalising and documenting all project paperwork including arranging project wash up meetings
- HNC/ DEGREE in marine related discipline
- Management experience in engineering environment
- Commercial experience
- Competent with MS Office
- Communication skills
- Experience in engineering background / ship building environment
- Use of planning tools (MS Project)
What's in it for you?
- Attractive salary, plus staff benefits
- Excellent opportunity to join a growing company