|Job Title:||Project Manager - C&I|
|Salary||£50000 - £65000 per annum|
|Temp or Perm:||Permanent Role|
|Consultant Phone:||01946 820 002|
NRL are recruiting on behalf of a leading engineering company for a Project Manager (C&I) based in Barnwood, Gloucester.
What you will need:
- Degree educated, ideally in C&I engineering or a related subject (Chartered or equivalent preferred).
- PMQ (APMP) formal Project Management qualification or equivalent with demonstrable Project Engineering experience.
- Previous experience in a similar role within a regulated nuclear environment.
- Flexible and willing to undertake a broad range of project management tasks.
- Experience of working with technical sub-contractors.
- Fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, technical development, design, procurement, significant safety case production and development, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
- Significant brown-field project management experience and experience of operating at all levels within corporate support centres.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
- Good understanding of the needs of Quality and how Quality is assured and controlled.
- Relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
- Experience of fast-track projects and project start up with multiple work streams requiring rapid development to a conclusion.
- Must have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
- Must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a “can do” problem solving ability.
- Demonstrable experience of managing technical and/or complex safety case projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments.
- Management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
- Able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
- Experienced in the preparation of reports and information.
- Proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools.
What's in it for you:
- Permanent staff position
- Opportunity to work for a growing company